We at The SNP&SEQ Technology Platform, take pride in our work to be able to provide our users tailor made, cost-effective and expedient solutions for all types of genotyping and sequencing projects. Our background in research give us a unique understanding for academic researchers needs and wants, and we recognize the importance for our users to always receive high quality service.
OUR QUALITY POLICY
According to the Quality Policy of the SNP&SEQ Technology Platform:
- services shall be of the highest international standard and be based on the needs and whishes of the users.
- methods and equipment shall be of the most modern standards for SNP genotyping and DNA sequencing.
- analyses shall be performed in accordance with quality standard ISO / IEC 17025: 2017, and the quality management system, methods and data security of the platform shall be continuously developed.
- staff shall be familiar with the quality system documentation and apply it in their work.
- contact with users, funders and other external bodies shall be in accordance with good professional practice.
- ethical and legal regulations of Uppsala University shall be followed and all work shall be impartial and in accordance with good biomedical and scientific research practices.
ACCREDITATION BY SWEDAC
To secure a high quality of the offered services, the SNP&SEQ Technology Platform works according to the European quality standard ISO/IEC 17025 and is accredited by SWEDAC as a testing laboratory for genotyping and sequencing. New methods and protocols are continuously validated and added to the collection of accredited methods. The quality of genotyping and sequencing is monitored by regular comparison of the performance of the methods against data from other laboratories. As an accredited laboratory the genotyping and sequencing process, user contacts and management of the SNP&SEQ Technology Platform are audited regularly on-site by SWEDAC prior to continuation of the accreditation.
Accreditation and quality assurance in practice
The foundation for the quality of the services at the SNP&SEQ Technology Platform is highly skilled and dedicated laboratory personnel who handle thousands of samples in hundreds of projects every year. A vast amount of genotype and sequence data is produced that is quality controlled and processed by an equally skilled and dedicated group of bioinformaticians who secure delivery of high-quality data to the users.
With such high throughput of samples, it is vital to manage and track the samples throughout the process. Therefore, the SNP&SEQ Technology Platform uses an integrated, in-house developed laboratory information management system (LIMS) for sample and data tracking since its start. Recently the comprehensive Clarity LIMS from Geneologics has been implemented for the sequencing processes. Further we use the Canea One systemfor keeping track of current Standard operating procedures (SOP) and other important documents. It assures that we can work in a time efficient and correct way according to the quality requirements specified by the ISO/IEC 17025 standard.
Below is a list of some of the requirements stated by the ISO/IEC 17025 standard by which the platform operates by daily:
- All steps of the genotyping and sequencing process must be validated, well defined, fully traceable and monitored using statistical methods.
- Each staff member’s responsibilities and tasks must be well defined.
- The process is constantly monitored and evaluated for identification of unnecessary or weak points and consequent actions are taken.
- All decisions should always be evidence-based.
- Each staff member should have the competence required for his/her tasks and participates in internal and external competence development.
- The facility must maintain a high level of information security.
Complaints from “customers” are registered and consequent actions are taken.